Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Experience the Creativity


This is our last week of school and I got bit by the creative bug when deciding how to show my appreciation to all the parents who have helped me in the classroom this year. So I made these Mason jars of homemade, layered cookie mix, went to the fabric store (hence the slogan that my MIL will appreciate) to cut and purchase fabric and ribbon for the toppers and voila! I was super proud to give these out this year. Not like last year when I transplanted sorry looking petunias into holders that were too small...

In one week from tomorrow we are off to Arizona and I am so excited! My friend Gillian and I conferenced over the phone on Saturday with the bride to be and I am excited now that plans are in place, we have free flights, a nice hotel to sleep in (Yay Sleep Number beds!)and a resort wedding to attend! Plus, a local radio station uses a morning show out of Arizona so on the way to work the other day I was listening to commercials for grocery stores and car dealerships out of Arizona that got me in the mood as well. It will be fun to see a new state (though potentially a little hot? I did do a little bit of shopping for some cooler outfit choices, though I am waiting to shed all the weight before I go balls-out at my favorite clothing outlets).

Speaking of shedding weight, I am officially down 14 pounds as of tonight, which was a total shocker to me. After eating tons of pasta and sugar this week, I was feeling particularily large and unwilling to weigh myself. Though I prefaced the actual weigh-in with an apology to the meeting leader, who looked at me funny and told me I had no need to worry...I lost 3.2 pounds! I love weeks like this when I am totally taken by surprise...it makes up for all those other weeks when I think I have done really well and lose only a pound or less....Anyways, I almost cried. I hope if I can keep this steady stream going maybe I will be down to my wedding weight so by the time I see my cousin and family again at the end of June no one will be too surprised. My grand total of loss is 17 pounds...woo hoo~!

Otherwise, this week I have been go, go, go! I met with the family I am nannying for this summer, in downtown P-town for a one year old boy, I did some shopping, I attended and served cake at the Kinder graduation and realized what a treat I am in for next year (insert sarcasm and a picture of several squirmy pint-size children), went grocery shopping, helped a friend install her AC, went to the bank, got gas, I rented the long-anticipated Season 4 of Weeds which came out yesterday, I successfully avoided all of my real responsibilities, took up another babysitting job (on top of my afterschool program job) in the evenings for a student at school, Bryan had a dentist appt, got sick with the flu (I think I somehow skimmed over this and passed it on to him) and also learned he has allergies in the last week, I have worked long hours at work wrapping up loose ends and planning fun activities for the last two days of school, have been watering flowers like crazy and am trying to keep up on reading, exercising and sleeping! And so much more...its only Wednesday. Speaking of which I should go do now...sleeping, that is.

Tomorrow is career day for parents. We have a police officer/dog coming and a construction worker with a big back hoe. It should be exciting...maybe I will have to post pics tomorrow!

1 comment:

A LDS mother to five busy kids said...

Those are way cute jars! What is the recipe that you put in there? :)